March 6, 2011 § 6 Comments
- Born Moses White in 1665
- Died March 12, 1735
- Son of Adam White and Isabella White
- Brother of Hugh White
- Married Eleanor Lawson (1690-1722) in 1703; Married ??(either Isabella Cochran or Mary Campbell) in 1719
- Children of Eleanor Lawson:
- David White (1703-1767)
- Joseph White (1710-1808)
- John White (1719-1831)
- James White (1711-1770)
- Jane White (1712-1713)
- Mary White (1714- )
There’s something sketchy about Old Moses. The records indicate he may have had as many as 3 wives – possibly at the same time – and as many as 12 children. There are numerous and conflicting records. The information below seems to be agreed upon by most:
- Before Nov. 4, 1722: arrived in the US
- Nov 4, 1722: he joined the Dutch Reformed Church of Nesaminy, Pa.
- Occupation: school master
- His Last Will and Testament was written Mar 12, 1735 and probated Mar 16, 1735 in Newcastle Co., De.
- MacGillebhain is White in Gaelic.